Thursday, April 26, 2007

It has been quite a while since the last post - sorry for the long delay! To quickly summarise recent events - went up the coast of Croatia and inland to Plitvice National Park. Hired a car and survived unscathed arond some crazy windy roads. Got a train to Italy, a couple of sunny days in Venice, then to Milan, then up into Switzerland eventually spending about four days with my Cousin, his wife and their two kids. Came back to London with mum, where by a stroke of luck we got free tickets to the ANZAC service in Westminster Church. It was remarkable sitting in there despite it being the most un-user-freindly church I have ever seen!! Mum's now gone to Singapore, on her way home, and I'm still looking for a job. Shouldn't be too long until I find one, but until then its a fulltime job just looking.

The future also holds Glastonbury Music Festival, the purchase of a BBQ this weekend, and a good massive cleanout of my room. On top of that there is Prince Harry going to Iraq (good on him, bloody brave - or stupid - thing to do!).

To my great dismay Bon Jovi are playing in London on the last night of the Glastonbury festival. most disapointing as Bon Jovi is one of the big bands I wanted to see over here. (It seems destiny I will not see Bon Jovi, U2, or Pearl Jam - also playing that week -, the 3 remaining big bands in my top 5 that I would like to see. (At least my brother got to see U2 AND Pearl Jam all in one week!)

NZ is out of the Cricket World cup, but luckily Louise has not given me too much grief over this. Perhaps it is because she knows Aussie aren't going to make it through the Rugby World Cup.

And so London is London... the weather has been rainy here despite predictions of nice weather. They say the tube is going to be hotter than last year. I'm not looking forward to it.

And I have some photos uploaded! Very quick of me I know - So far Sarajevo, Mostar and Dubrovnic. A very small proportion of the photos I took, but a start.

2 comments:

Time and Tide said...

After the way the Bulls thrashed the Blues this morning, and the Sharks recent performances I am starting to have doubts about the invincibility of the ABs

Diving into the wreck said...

yah!! hope all is going well hun...chelle check out redconfectionary.blogspot.com....friends and i blog