Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Grumble, grumble grumble...

I'm Sick! Alas, it is a long one too. Have been sick since monday last week with a horrible flu/cold/infection type thing. Finally made it to the doctors today and got some antibiotics, so I am hoping they will kick in very soon and that i will start to feel better!!

A short analysis on the pros and cons of being sick:

Pros
  • Don't have to go to work
  • Can finally watch Pirates of the Caribbean after many failed attempts to see it
  • Flatmates do your dishes
  • Scrubs is on high rotation on Freeview
  • There even episodes of Friendds I haven't seen, amazing!
  • At least on Queensway, everything is right by my front door - Video rental (for only 2 quid a pop!), Food places, Boots Pharmacy, Free newspapers.
  • Super nice freinds come and look after you.
  • I can finally get through some of the books and magazines I have bought but not had a chance to read.

Cons
  • No Work = no pay = less exciting holidays come the summer time. Missing two weeks work is a bit of a financial dent in the plan to Kombi around Europe.
  • Work is actually piling up for me, so when I go back, ouch!
  • Because of this, I am actually going to do some from home anyway.
  • Feeling ill all the time is a bit rotten, esp after 1 week when your throat is getting worse and not better.
  • All that effort at the gym is fading...
  • I have more medicine belonging to me in my flat than I do food.

Hey well thats 8 pros v 6 cons. The Pros have it!! Guess it is better to be sick after all...

No comments: