Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Egyptology

The quick summary of what I've done:

Giza Pyramids - Big, Impressive, lots of photos. More of The Sphinx which was very interesting to see in real life - it looks quite different. There was a lot of Hassle around the musuem, but it was good fun at first until one guy went over the top. Basically I got a photo with one guy and and another helped them, so I had to pay them both. I gave each 20 Egyptian Pounds, (aboiut 2 quid), but the the guy who owned the camel (probably seeing my wallet burstng with cash!), gave his twenty to the other guy then tried to make me give him a 100. After Morocco, where I learned not to take any crap I just told him "sorry mate, thats your call to give your freind the money I gave you, tough luck, I've paid more than a fair price" And walked off. Much yelling, cussing and chasing after me ensued, which I just ignored and had a good laugh about! If only these idiots would realise that if they actually got out of our faces and left us alone we would probably spend more money. Its a terrible reflections of people characters that the basis of their business is based on coercion and getting as much money as possible from some one.

Then we got rained on as we left for a Papyris museum. This is the paper they make out of a plant. There were two amazing paintings for about 90 quid each, but sadly I couldn't really justify buying them after my carpet in Morocco.

We also saw a much older pyramid shaped structure - technically not a pyramid as it was tiered, but it could be seen from Giza and Vice Versa. That night we went to a hotel where I touched a live tiger before we caught the 14 hour overnight train to Aswan. I luckliy managed 7 hours of sleep, which was great considering most people got none.

Righto, the clock is ticking, more next time!

2 comments:

Shaun said...

Bro! I hope you are having a wicked time! Keep on blogging!
I hope the tunes are keeping you company!
S

Anonymous said...

The tunes are great - Flight of the Concordes is hilarious! I have really enjoyed them!