Tuesday, June 19, 2007

hobnobbing it with the stars



So whats this all about then, these stars signing autographs right in front of me? Well it goes back many many months early one sunday morning hen i was sitting around at 11am and miraculously got through online to buy tickets for the Glastonbury festival. If it hadn't been for that stroke of luck, (brought on by a determined perseverance), I wouldn't have had the honour of standing amongst a crowd of professional autograph hunters while they bayed for the ink of Dames, Sirs, and Mr's.

But it wasn't only that - the fact the weather forecast fo the next five days varies widely between light rain and heavy rain, and that for 3 of those 5 days I will be living in a tent, prompted me to hike to my favourite outdoor shop mountain warehouse and buy a big tarp so we can sit on our chairs and use it to fend off the elements whilst wurrounded by glorious mud and music.

So I found myself fed up with the heat and the crowds at Holborn, so I walked out of the station and went down the road, not really sure which way to go but knowing I had to turn right. As chance would have it, I stumbled across the premier to The Lord of the Rings Musical, complete with celebrities, stalkers, police, doormen, red carpet and randoms like me.

Somehow I got right in the middle of half a dozen people who seemed to know each other and whos conversation consisted of who autograph they had and what celebrities they had seen at other recent premiers. Not that I am complaining too much - I have of course stalked many an All Black, Black Cap and even the odd Primeminister back in the day, except I was probably only ten then and not in my mid twenties! Each to their own though!
It was however a brilliant spot - these guys had all the balls and no sense of shame and every celebrity got a freindly persistent calling of thier name (as if they were personally known to the crowd/autograph hunters), until they came over and duly signed some autographs. As luck would have it, every celebrity that did come across started with the person right in front of me, so I was able to reel off a few photographs for each of them as they signed various peoples pads and autographs books. All this while guarding one of the few pairs of wellingtons left in London as stocks sell out in preperation for the Glastonbury mudfest.

There were a couple of other stars I didn't post from my phone - Brian May of Queen, and Terry O'Quinn (aka John Locke) from Lost. (Who is pushing the buttons in the bunker!?!?! Ok yes I am a bit behind...)

So what were the stars like? Very Freindly - Dame Judy Dench seemed to really enjoy herself and was relaxed and having fun. Brian May just ignored everyone. Terry O'Quinn Enjoyed it but seemed to be doing it as a chore. Kevin Spacey was lapping it up, and Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber was enjoying it too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Most impressed! Did you get their autographs too or were you too busy taking photos like a true paparazzi?

Diving into the wreck said...

Aaah im so jealous!! Judy Dench is a legend.
Chelle

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.