Monday, June 11, 2007

Glasto!

The lineup for Glastonbury was announced a few weeks back and it is looking wicked!

Not that any of my personal headliner choices are playing - no Pearl Jam, Aerosmith or Bon Jovi - three big bands I want to see who are all playing in London the week before - but there are plenty of options to choose from... I have tried to find a list of bands but it seems the list is so long no one has bothered to count them!

But among some of the bands I would like to see - The Who, Manic Street Preachers and Corb "Hurtin' Albertan" Lund.

But to be honest I don't know where to start - not being a music geek (in fact a recent geek test shows me to be only a paltry 15% geek), I have heard of many of the bands and surely heard their actual songs, but can make no connection between the songs and who actually sings them. I'm sure I will be learning though!

In other news Louise and I stumbled across a protest charging up a road between Covent Garden and Leicester Square on the weekend. A few hundred naked cyclists protesting against oil dependency (though admittedly, I had to look that up, since the message was rather lost among the brightly white flying, jiggling, waving and wobbling appendages). Fortunately I don't yet own a bike, as my cousin John and I were contemplating joining the protest just so you could say you did it. (Where or when else could you bike naked, let alone through the prime spots of one of the greatest cities in the world). And I wouldn't normally bike those streets anyway, let alone naked... But to my point.. Fortunately common sense prevailed (along with not having a bike), and fear of being left behind for being too unfit to keep up prevented my participation. There's always next year though I suppose!

And I had much more to comment about, like how Alistair Cookes book on America at war is your average verbosist writer ODing on Steroids. And how when I was at school I was told you couldn't start sentances with "And" (and surely lost marks for it), and how I got my Highly Skilled Visa and bar an incomprehensible decline of my leave to remain application I will be staying here for another year at least.

Bring on Glastonbury, and the sun!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't put any photos up today.
PS Did you have your camera??

Diving into the wreck said...

:) saw that on the news...
ha and im 48% geek...good grief
chelle