Friday, December 29, 2006

New York, New York

New York:

Arrived safely on a very broing air India flight where my seat wouldn't recline and the promised aisle seat by the door turned out to be the middle seat with a wall right in front and the old style giant movie screen that threatened epilepsy if I looked at it too long.

Was a wee bit cocky about knowing this place well and managed to make two wrong turns on the subway while heading for my hostel, which brilliantly, I couldn't remember the name of. But I knew the road and I knew where it ws as I had walked past it many times when i was here in June.

Met up with Liz from my contiki tour way back inmy party days of 2002. She has proved an awesome host and tour guide to the city. We strolled through Central Park to the Met, then went down 5th ave and checked out some shops. As I forgot to bring a towel, I am now the proud owner of an overpriced but official Chicago Bulls NBA Towel.

The Rockerfeller centre (Maori translation: Rocka Fellah) - was brilliant with the biggest Christmas tree I have ever seen. We also went into St Patricks church and saw the biggest Nativity I have ever seen with near lifesize figures.

Finished off the day with Glenn and a few of his freinds at a comedy show. It was hilarious black comedy (literally and figuratively), and makes me think I need to see more Comedy shows!

Today will be mellow, and alas I am running out of time so must rush off to be mellow...

No comments: