Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Hofstadters Law

So true, so true.

I'm waiting with hope that I will be offered a job today. Fingers crossed. I have never been so keen on a particular position, so its like waiting for Christmas to come when you are kid. Lets hope Christmas isn't cancelled!!

On another note, I made it down to Walton-on-Thames on Sunday. Really nice little place with big country type homes and a great pub on the river. It was nice to be so low to the Thames for once. Its not often that I get out of London, so this was great, and I'm looking forward to many more trips away. I have compiled a list and hope to start ticking them off this weekend!

Louise and I also managed to see a small part of the British Museum on Sunday, including their hoard of Egyptian artifacts. I also bought two pairs of new shoes, and finally hooked up my posters and maps via a clever bulldog, string & pin arrangement.

On Friday (just since I seem to be going backwards in time), we caught up with Kim, in Swiss Cottage, which was great. Spent most of the evening talking to a Canadian who lived right near the Olympic ski jumps in Calgary, which I remember driving past almost a year ago. She and her husband were building a one room cabin on an island near Vancouver that is only accessible by boat, and they didn't even have a boat!!

It is amazing to think it has now been a year since I left little old New Zealand. Time goes fast and much experience is gained. So glad I left, as hard as it was.

1 comment:

Diving into the wreck said...

wow it really has been that long....god time goes fast...
anyway hope all is good with ya.